Sunday, March 20, 2011

My birthday celebration and some updates on some costumes

Hey all,

Alot of things to show and tell.

Birthday celebration:
This year is the year of the rabbit and that happens to be my Chinese zodiac.
My mother-in-law said it should bring good fortune if I'd celebrate my b-day this year.
So I decided that I should invite the whole family, some of the dudes, let my fiancee make sushi, let my mom make yakitori and set up a karaoke (singstar) game.

It was a huge succes!!
My fiancee even had a line with his sushibar, the yakitori was gone in not even 3 minutes and some members of the family found the karaoke game a funthing.

Recieved alot of lovely cards and my auntie and uncle even made a Japanese card with a stamp of my maiko outfit XD




Got many more present that I haven;t made picture of but here are some more:



This was my outfit for the evening:
Wanted to try out something completely new with bronish colors.

Also made sushi for the kids by using bread and filled it up with chocolate sprinkles, jam, cheese and some kind of fruittasty sprinkles.
 My fiancee as sushicook ^__^


Costume for the Elf Fantasy Fair:
Been busy with a quick costume for the Elf Fantasy Fair that is coming up on 16th and 17th of April.
Going with a friend of mine and this might be the first time going to the fair in a costume XD
I chose for a design that looks like a kaftan and a kimono. 
It's a very lightweighted fabric so when I walk the dress will flow and move around me.

I'm not 100% satisfied with the obi (belt) on the back....might want to get rid of the ribbon or only the tails of the ribbon....dunno :/

Also kinda want to have a print in the dress but I'm scared I might screw it up.
I should look like a geisha / ninja and it should look sexy. So maybe red and black sakura flowers or something like that should do fine I guess...

Still should work on some little details like the accesoires, shoes and make-up. But I SUCK at make-up T___T

 I kinda think I should either skin the ribbon or the ribbon AND bow...


 Will be using a longer golden rope.

 Hairpins: bought at a Indonesian market
Shuriken: made of old CD's and spraypainted them with silver decoration spray. Hope the paint will hold XD
My fiancee made them for me ^__^


Cosplay progress; Oruha:
Also been working on Oruha's costume.
It's only a small update and 3 pics but hey...it's something.

Been busy with my mic and finding the right color of gold.
I will be using the 3th one.
The middle one should be silver but it does have a golden glow in it.

Added the wings I made out of foam.

I'll be using clay to make the rest of the mic.
Should harden the clay up with pretex before I glue it all together.
I'm happy with the golden paint but unfortunately you can see the strokes >__<
You don't see them on the wooden staff because it's a different type of wood so I don't hope it looks very bad when I put them together.


Ok that was it for today. Going to pack some of my stuff or just go straight to bed.

-xx-
Kimberley (Megumii)

No comments:

Post a Comment